Friday, January 20, 2012

War Horse, a 2012 Oscar Nominee

The trailers and the title really tricked me this time. The movie should have been called something like "War, Horse." I can understand the film takes place during a period of war, but you hardly see any of it, and the horse had little to do with it. Even the strongest theme implies horses no longer belonged in war. Really, "See Joey Run" would have been the better title. I don't mind seeing a cheesy horse-love flick, just don't tack on a war if the actual war part is basically a big comedy routine.

Even at the price of $0.00, it felt like a generous 3/10 that I wish I didn't sit down with the guys and watch. I don't even think I want to get it for my mom now like I was planning, and she freaking loves horses.

Again, I apologize for not writing a real review, but for stuff this shitty it's difficult to put it into a thousand words. Just don't see it if you were expecting a film that focuses on horses' roles in war. Maybe Risexual can do it justice with one of his long tangents if he feels like contributing his opinion

No comments: