Sunday, October 21, 2012

Spam

Just some inside info for our other contributors, and also I guess a somewhat "behind-the-scenes" look for our actual readers. The LBC actually gets spammed with a fair amount of comments, but you never see them since Google seems to do a good job filtering them all out. Regardless, I still get the notices in my inbox. Here's a couple of the recent ones that replied to the "Blog Updates" post:




People like to get paid by posting junk blogs and commenting on others' garbage (including ours), but since they only get paid a couple cents per click, it just makes much more sense to program bots to do it. Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be working out too well for them nowadays. Sadly these bots sound almost sincere, and I'm a little depressed that Google would rather do away with them since having them around would at least make it seem like this blog isn't a big circlejerk.

 UPDATE:









2 comments:

SD666 said...

I don't get comments like that. I never get spammed.

Persephone said...

That update is very ironic, considering that comment is probably from a spam bot. right?