Friday, January 25, 2013

Sticking It To Your Mother



Pictured is Yours Truly enjoying a bottle of MADD non-alcoholic Chardonnay. But it isn't just any non-alcoholic wine! In fact, it isn't non-alcoholic at all! Inside this waste of ten dollars, I also mixed in sambuca.

Seriously, who drinks this stuff by itself? I'm dying to know, and so are the people at the grocery store I found it in. Apparently I'm the only one who's bought it in my town, because when the girl at the check-in saw it, first she thought it was a bottle of olive oil, then she thought it was real wine, then she stopped to carefully read the label, then I had to spin a story of what I intended to do with the non-alcoholic wine before she laughed me out of the building.

I don't have a vendetta against MADD, though I have written several essays against them in high school. I wouldn't go so far as to say they're bad, but they're certainly unnecessary. The people who are into MADD's plight are people who wouldn't tolerate drinking and/or driving in the first place, and the people who aren't are well... they aren't going to listen to reason, they're drunk! MADD's basically nothing more than a pretentious circlejerk that has ultimately accomplished nothing, and therefore has become a shameless cash-grab for its benefactors. Kind of like PETA, except they never killed anyone(?). Therefore: Cheers, and fuck you, MADD.

(Yes, wine mixed with Sambuca tastes like shit.)

EDIT: No, I didn't drive after.


4 comments:

Persephone said...

Dude, this is shameful... and I'm not talking the wine!

Coopersville said...

No. MADD doesn't do what you claim they do.

Persephone said...

Does this mean you did the research recently?

Coopersville said...

My latest research was in 2005. They had been around for about 25 years at that point.